[time-nuts] Effect of the Antenna Delay in setting in Z380!A

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Mon Feb 29 16:05:31 EST 2016

One of the commands for the Z38xx series involves setting the Antenna
(feedline) delay..
Am I correct in assuming that the only thing this does is affect the X,
Y  & Z coordinate accuracy of the ground station? Time and frequency
accuracy are not really a factor when it comes to the ANT:DELAY setting
...correct?

For those of who might care I would assume that actually taking the coax
and measuring the delay at 1.5GHZ would be better than relying on the
manufactures published specs for velocity factor.  I was going to set up
and measure the delay with a signal generator and  good oscilloscope (I
have a 7104 1GHZ scope which still shows decent signal at 1.5 GHZ)

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave