[time-nuts] DMTD - analog multiplier vs. diode mixer ?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jan 5 14:56:33 EST 2016

My little HP5065 project is continually running into the jitter of
my HP5370B counter which is annoying me, so I'm looking int DMTD.

Everybody seems to be using traditional diode-mixers for DMTD,
and to be honest I fail to see the attraction.

Why wouldn't a analog multiplier like AD835 be better idea ?

What am I overlooking ?