[time-nuts] My TS-2100 Started Working Today???

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun May 1 10:27:57 EDT 2016

Hey Guys, sorry I've been MIA for a while. Things happened, moved 500+
miles, etc, etc...

I haven't had some of my time servers on in years, including my TS-2100.
Yesterday I was running some Ethernet cable in my house and also mounted a
GPS antenna up in the attic.

Fired up a few time servers, including my TS-2100 and of course like
everyone else it was showing like 1996... Saw the posts about the date &
leap second bug and updated GPS module and such. Okay, it was 11pm (CDT) and
I was too tired, I'll deal with it in the morning.

Came in this morning, time & date are correct! Checked NTP against other
servers and not even the leap second issue!

It was May 1st (UTC) last night when I fired it up, so I don't see how any
rollover could have fixed it.

My Endrun Praecis also decided to go nuts, but they have a firmware update
on their website (Yay lifetime support for Endrun). I believe it uses an old
Trimble module too.

Don't know how long it will last, but as long as it gives the correct time
I'll probably hold off purchasing that aftermarket GPS module unless the
price has come down from those posts I read last year.

I saw a few people were looking for the 4.1 firmware. I've always had it up
on my archives, along with PDF manuals and data sheet for the 2100...
There's also lots of other PDFs on old GPS stuff.

http://www.rabel.org/archives/Symmetricom/

Hope all is well with everyone,

Jason