[time-nuts] I thought GPS repeated every 12 hours (-2 minutes)

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue May 24 17:59:25 EDT 2016

HI

If you have a good antenna location and always have more sat’s in view than the receiver can use,
the constellation shift may not be a big deal at some level. No matter how good the antenna, day / night
ionosphere compared to the estimated numbers they broadcast will be an issue.

Is the level that the local multi path and the constellation "gets you" higher than the level that the ionosphere
correction falls apart? Without a lot of data, you will have a hard time sorting that out.

All of that said, I have seen “glitches” in long term plots that space out at the expected “just short of 24 hours”
period. In my location and with the gear I’m running … it’s more likely the constellation than the ionosphere.
The glitches are to narrow (short duration) and far to regular for the ionosphere to be the issue.

Bob