[time-nuts] Thinking outside the box a super reference

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:10:12 EDT 2016

I have a scintillator that will pick up a small piece of uranium ore from several feet away.  I just checked some Rb lamps and cells and got no response.

Every single fireplace that I have checked sends the scintillator off into clicking heaven.  Apparently firebrick is rather hot stuff in more ways than one.  I have some uranium glazed pottery that is less active.

The guy that lived behind us when I was a kid was a geologist.  His living room coffee table was a chunk of yellow uranium ore about 36x36x18 inches with a piece of glass on top...  he had discovered a very large uranium deposit and kept a "souvenir" for his living room.