[time-nuts] I love the smell of tantalum in the morning

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Nov 5 15:18:00 EDT 2016

Hi Tom,
Personally, I wouldn't touch this without a hot air gun.  I don't know what your budget is.  What I consider reasonable may be an order of magnitude smaller than for you.  So, I use a generically labeled 852D+ rework combo.  It has both solder pencil and hot air gun.  There are better hot air guns for a reasonable price that have a better system for changing the nozzles.  OTOH, I've heard some complaints about this "better" system where the nozzle has fallen off.  If you've got a Pace soldering system, then you already know what to do.  =)

Bob