[time-nuts] Nutty time-nuttery with WWVB

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Thu Nov 10 16:35:58 EST 2016

basically one could make a very good 60kHz clock distributor system, by
running a large loop around the property, -- as long as the loop's
length is much less than the wave length the current will be constant
along the loop -- that way  you will have reception inside the loop with
vertical magnetic, and very weak reception outside of the loop. At the
clocks you need to turn the antenna from horizontal to vertical, and you
could use such low power a few mW, that the FCC would not worry about
it, similar system is used as invisible fence for dogs, but for the
clock one need much less power, since the clocks have a very sensitive
receiver unlike the "dogs receiver".

73
KJ6UHN
Alex