[time-nuts] Temp/Humidity control systems?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Oct 27 03:41:48 EDT 2016

--------
In message <20161026210517.26c0fd397b1cae5ba9c12def at kinali.ch>, Attila Kinali w
rites:

>Probably the easiest is to get some glass/mineral wool insulation and
>put it over all the walls, including ceiling and floor. I do not recommend
>any foam or styropor based insulation as almost all of them are inflamable.
>This should get you into the area of 10-100W/K thermal resistance for your
>closet (assuming something like 4cm thick insulation gets about 40W/K).

Stop!

Over insulating is a 100% sure-fire way to get unstable temperature inside,
because it amplifies the consequences of any change in power dissipation.

It is a classic mistake to build a 100mm insulated enclosure inside an
office-like enviroment and end up having less stable temperature on
the inside than the outside.

Cinderblocks is a much better material for that scenario, because they
have both thermal mass and inertia (= heat capacity and heat impedance)