[time-nuts] Temp/Humidity control systems?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Oct 27 07:12:26 EDT 2016

Hoi Poul-Henning,

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 07:41:48 +0000
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> >Probably the easiest is to get some glass/mineral wool insulation and
> >put it over all the walls, including ceiling and floor. I do not recommend
> >any foam or styropor based insulation as almost all of them are inflamable.
> >This should get you into the area of 10-100W/K thermal resistance for your
> >closet (assuming something like 4cm thick insulation gets about 40W/K).
>
> Stop!
>
> Over insulating is a 100% sure-fire way to get unstable temperature inside,
> because it amplifies the consequences of any change in power dissipation.
>
> It is a classic mistake to build a 100mm insulated enclosure inside an
> office-like enviroment and end up having less stable temperature on
> the inside than the outside.

No! Don't Stop! :-)

That's why the next section I wrote described how to get rid of the
excess heat in a controlled fashio. Of course, simply just insulating
the room without giving it a lot of thermal mass or any form of control
of the heat production/exchange will not stabilize the room.

			Attila Kinali
use without that foundation.