[time-nuts] our favorite topics

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Oct 30 11:50:14 EDT 2016

Moin,

I'm quoting the mail in full, because it seems to have not made it to
the mailinglist due to its large attachment.

I uploaded the attachment to my server, you can find it here:
http://time.kinali.ch/Metamaterial_and_MoebiusLoop.pdf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:23:41 -0400
KA2WEU at aol.com wrote:

> The noise result  is connected with the duty cycle and the bias point  (AF,
> KF spice values ). We took the time to recalculate the Parzen and  Frerking
>  examples and they do not give the best possible answer.We were  able to
> make the oscillators   much better .
>
>  If you look at the world leading Wenzel product line they got about  20 db
> better  in the last 10 years (less phase noise) as they replace these
> published approximation  with our correct mathematical solutions and better
> test equipment. We are moving towards 100 Ghz and better phase noise.

That's something that has been bothering me lately: Most of your
publications are about the noise in UHF and GHz applications, hardly
any for the area where most of time metrology happens: at 10MHz and 100MHz.

Is this because the sub-100MHz range oscillators are a solved problem
and hit the physical limits of what noise optimization can do? Or is
it because there is more money to be made in the >100MHz range?

			Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.