[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt no longer determines the correct date

timeok timeok at timeok.it
Wed Aug 30 03:35:14 EDT 2017

   Hal, I suppose your opinion is correct. A friend has found  the same problem with an HPZ3016A GPSDO. The solution was to resetting the internal counter inside the Motorola GPS module. To do this , the friend has removed the GPS module and communicate using his proper serial port to reset the internal counter. I have not some more details about the operation, but if request I can ask him.
   Luciano

   Da "time-nuts" time-nuts-bounces at febo.com
   A "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" time-nuts at febo.com
   Cc hmurray at megapathdsl.net
   Data Tue, 29 Aug 2017 22:36:59 -0700
   Oggetto Re: [time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt no longer determines the correct date

   w9ac at arrl.net said:
   > So, at this time is there a viable solution that will make the LCD read the
   > proper date? I am less concerned about the date showing accurately on the
   > desktop Thunderbolt Monitor program. Many thanks!

   It's the GPS rollover problem. There is a 10 bit field for the week number
   in the data from the satellites. After you decode the date/time you have to
   compare what you get with a magic date. The magic date is typically the time
   the software is compiled or a constant in the code that is whenever the
   programmer last updated it. If the GPS date is earlier, add 1024 weeks.
   Repeat if necessary.

   The simple solution is to fix the software driving the display, It's 2 or 3
   lines of code in the right place. If you can't do that, you might be able to
   insert something between the TBolt and the display that will fixup that slot.

   --
   These are my opinions. I hate spam.