[time-nuts] accurate 60 hz reference chips/ckts

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Dec 14 16:05:39 EST 2017

apolloeme at gmail.com said:
> Want to provide an accurate  (relatively accurate) 60 hz reference to the
> chip.   Some room inside for custom modifications.  Does a TCXO or similar
> exist in a small package that provides 60 hz ticks?

I doubt if you will find a TCXO that puts out 60 Hz.  But it's only one chip
to make a divider.  The trick is to do it in software rather than hardware.

The real question is what sort of error pattern are you interested in.  The
power company has good long term stability.  How good is your TCXO?  It would
be fun to play with the numbers.  On the other hand, can you derive your 60
Hz from a GPSDO?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.