[time-nuts] What signals if any are on the unpopulated SMC pads onthe 58503A motherboard?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 06:42:58 EST 2017

On 9 January 2017 at 10:44, Roy Phillips <phill.r1 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I would be grateful for an answer to this question, as I also have a an HP
> 58503  - is the manual for the instrument available for download ?
> Thank you
> Roy

I know its a bit unlikely to use SMC in such a case, but I believe there
are some versions of the 58503A which have a clock, and perhaps some
buttons on the front. I would have expected them to be via a multi-way
cable, but maybe not.

There are at least two relevant manuals on Tom's website

http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp59551a/097-59551-02-iss-1.pdf
http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp58503a/097-58503-08-iss-1.pdf

I also have another one - not sure where I got that from. It might have
been on Tom's site too, but if not, I put a copy here.

http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/58503B-GPS-disiplined-OCXO-frequency-standard-097-58503-13-iss-1.pdf