[time-nuts] What signals if any are on the unpopulated SMC pads on the 58503A motherboard?

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 9 18:12:03 EST 2017

David
Many thanks for your help, I have downloaded all three items, my 58503 is an
A,  I had no idea that a B model existed !   Mine has the front panel
display, which is very bright suggesting that it had not been used for very
long periods. The unit was in overall VG condition when I received it (costa
plenty!) , and I have reason to believe it was used as a portable survey
tool. Internally there is a panel to the rear that has a number of SMC
connectors, and just one is used to provide the 1 pps jumper lead to a BNC
at the rear (external) panel. It would be interesting to know what the other
SMC connectors where for ??
Am I to assume that no Service/Technical manual is available ?  Mine has the
HP SmartClock Technology sticker on the front panel - what exactly does this
mean ?
Regards
Roy