[time-nuts] Papers on timing for lunar laser ranging

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jul 7 18:14:08 EDT 2017

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> Consider that in 1974, I could buy a nice new car for less than what a
> decent packaged 16 bit DAC cost.  Go back into the 1960’s and you are up
> into the “several new cars”  range. Even for NASA projects cost did make it
> into the equation ….

When was the first GPSDO shipped as a commercial product?

There is an interesting tradeoff in GPSDO design.  With a specific DAC, you
can get finer steps if you reduce the tuning range.  Has anybody built one
with a reduced range and a knob on the side to adjust the center point of
that range?  You would have to adjust that knob occasionally as the crystal
you are tuning drifted.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.