[time-nuts] RS-232 Pin Outs for the Acron Zeit WWVB LCD Clock

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sat Jul 22 12:33:01 EDT 2017

The LM-358 Op-Amp is used to Invert the Serial Data (RxD, TxD) stream.
http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/61/46/87/01/98/ed/44/c5/CD00000464.pdf/files/CD00000464.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00000464.pdf

Coupled with the usage of an RJ11 (4P4C, modular) ...
the connection would have to be a minimal 3-wire serial (RS-232 or TTL/UART)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232#3-wire_and_5-wire_RS-232
Ground is easy to find, and TxD and RxD is a coin-toss (50:50) if you hook-up right.

greg, w9gb
===
I thought I could answer this question (Acron Zeit) easily, since I had the cable right
at hand. But my continuity detector gave strange results.

I opened up the D-shell and found a small circuit board with diode,
capacitors and what looks like an ST358 op amp.

Paul Alfille
==