[time-nuts] Holdover, RTC for Pi as NTP GPS source

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Nov 1 09:17:05 EDT 2017

Hi

> On Nov 1, 2017, at 12:14 AM, MLewis <mlewis000 at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> (I suspect this is drifting from the original thread too much, so new subject)
>
> Temperature ranges from 65F to 78F, with the potential for drafts, but is more typically 76F.

The gotcha in a real environment often involves people. They walk by (creating a draft). They
turn on all the lights and equipment. They open or close the blinds to let in or block the sun.
They tend to do this in an unpredictable / chaotic fashion. All of this makes a correction
process based on “normal operation” a bit difficult. Something goes wrong, and the unit
goes into holdover. People suddenly start dashing around and the temperature is not
what it has been ….

Bob