Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 5 12:57:40 EST 2018

Probably Nickle Metal Hydrite (NiMh.)

Much more electrical capacity in the same size cell as older NiCd's.  No
memory effect, and currently available in all the common cell sizes,
with or without tag's.   The only thing you might have to do, if the
charger is time based, is alter the timer so you get a full charge.
There are dozens of makes about, read the data sheets and choose a type
that is suitable for your needs.

High discharge current types however, don't often "keep" a charge for a
"Long" time, so there is still some compromise.

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.