[time-nuts] Measuring the accurcy of a wrist watch

Al Wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 17:25:37 UTC 2014

Tom,
    Thank you for your response. I don't think I could improve on the
accuracy of this old watch much by trying to "regulate" it. I was more
curious to see if there was any way to determine what was going on in side
it with out actually opening it.

    The buttons on the side have long ceased to function their being clogged
with sweat and other detritus. Now even with it opened up the little switch
contacts inside seem to do nothing. It is set to DST so is useful most of
the year here. I tried to set it to standard time last Fall but gave up. It
was thirteen seconds fast then and now down to eleven seconds fast. I think
I will not mess with it any more till the battery dies. I have several other
toys to play with if I really need to know what time it is.

Al