[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt firmware & chip information

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Tue Jun 2 09:44:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the latest firmware image file
(version 3.0, I think) for the Trimble Thunderbolt (not the
Thunderbolt-E, but the original Thunderbolt)?

I contacted Trimble and they were unwilling to provide me a copy
because the device is no longer in the warranty/service period, which
seemed strange because they had firmware for other unsupported
products like the Resolution-T available on their website.

Additionally, does anyone have any details about the Trimble-branded
CPU chip in the Thunderbolt? In particular, I'm interested in knowing
what instruction set it uses.

Thank you.
-Pete

--