[time-nuts] USB problems and solutions - Some what Off Topic --> USB-C

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jun 2 11:07:12 UTC 2015

Hi

The one thing I would be a bit careful about is the power levels.

Consider an 8 port hub:

5V 3A from each would be 24A total. That’s pretty unusual. Most hubs
give you one or two high current outputs.

20V 5A (100W ea) on 8 ports would be 800W. That’s not going to be cheap.

Yes, the 20V is an “optional” part of the whole thing. The 3A does not appear
to be quite so easy to ignore. We’ll see what actually happens …..

Bob