[time-nuts] Performance of 74LVC series ICs

David McGaw n1hac at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jun 9 03:16:12 UTC 2015

One thing that is hidden in AC and later CMOS is very tightly controlled
edge-rate to combat ground bounce.  The original AC components were so
fast, the ground bounce could be measured in volts and they had to be
quickly redesigned.

For the D-FF function, you might consider using one section of the dual
74LVC74.  With the inputs of the unused section connected to ground or
Vdd, it will draw no power.

David N1HAC