[time-nuts] Lady Heather Server On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:06:51 UTC 2016

On 1/10/2016 1:06 PM, Mark Sims wrote:
>> Porting the GUI client to anything else would be a fair bit of
>> work, though.
> Not all that much work.  There are only a few routines that would
> need to be supplied for screen, mouse, and serial I/O.

Hi Mark and all,

How much *skill* is needed to do a port?  I'd love to have a Nortel
NTBW50AA / NTGS50AA GPSDO source (while the Z3801 continues to work, it
does fail self-test), but the thought of having yet another Windows PC
going in the shack gives me hives.  (okay, maybe not that bad, but...)

A Raspberry Pi on the other hand doesn't take up much space, has the
ability to be remote controlled easily, and would probably lead to me
purchasing one of the Nortel units.

So I'd love to see a port, but given that my last programming effort was
FORTRAN 77 and Windows basic (although I'm learning C for the MSP430 at
the moment) I wonder if I've got anywhere near the skills to do it...

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb