[time-nuts] PRS10 C900 replacement

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jan 20 13:18:37 UTC 2016

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 20:44:15 -0600
"Graham / KE9H" <ke9h.graham at gmail.com> wrote:

> You will need to know the capacitance value.  Usually expressed in uF
> (micro Farad).
> Then some idea of the physical size, so the replacement will fit in the
> current space.

According to the schematics sheet I have (from didier's site), the value
is 2u2. Unfortunately, there is no mention of the actual type of the case
(beside being radial).
As it seems to be part of an 107kHz low pass filter, I would assume
that most tantal capacitors and probably all ceramic capacitors that
fullfill the 35V spec are ok. As this is a heated part of the whole
circuit, i'd go for an capacitor that is rated for 35V at 100°C or higher.

Good candidates for capacitor manufacturers are Kemet and AVX
(higher quality than the cheaper manufacturers and still reasonably priced)

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.