[time-nuts] Z3801 Newbie Question

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Jan 29 09:54:20 UTC 2016

Graham
Symmetricom 58532A antenna, just above the roof, with 8 feet of RG213.

Flat ( Florida) rural location with 360 degree view other than some trees. The GPS Antenna plot from Z38xx has filled in pretty much 360 degrees down to 20 degrees solid and in most directions to down to 15 degrees elevation. The exception of course is the polar abyss to the north. I am going to lower the elevation angle for a while just to see if there is any difference

Looking at the link sent to me earlier    http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_websites_list.htm . I am seeing the same phenomena on most all oft the plots for the Z3801 around the world, So I assume that my unit is :behaving normally" for a Z3801A ... Just cant explain why all of us see a sporadic jumps in PPS error for an hour or two once or twice a day

Dave
NR1DX
ArtekManuals.com

A man with a watch always knows what time it is
A man with two watches is never quite sure

. On 1/28/2016 6:23 PM, Graham / KE9H wrote:

> Please describe your Antenna setup and location.
> How much of the sky can it see, in which directions.
> Which directions are blocked for direct line of sight, and must depend on
> reflections from nearby buildings or objects?
>
> --- Graham
>

> And here is the question is the sudden jump in the pps deviation due to ionospheric and the satellite constellation change? IS there anything I can do to minimize it (or is it even necessary to worry/ wonder about)  This behavior has going on since the beginning so it is not likely related to events earlier in the week. But that set me to wondering could I minimize it by say raising the elevation mask? Are there satellites in the constellation that are notorious for noise etc  that could be excluded from the tracking list ...etc etc
>>> Dave
>>> NR1DX
>>> ArtekManuals.com
>>>
>>> A man with a watch always knows what time it is
>>> A man with two watches is never quite sure

---