[time-nuts] Spice simulation of PSRR and phase noise

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue Oct 24 19:12:24 UTC 2017

On 10/24/2017 11:10 AM, Hal Murray wrote:

> aphid1 at comcast.net said:
>>    My applications were broadband. If I remember correctly,  aggressive
>> bandwidth limiting can cause phase shift problems due to  temperature
>> changes unless one is careful in the design of the filter.
>
> Does anybody ovenize amplifiers and filters to avoid that problem?

This problem came up in the design of the 5071A.
I elected to avoid narrowband filters by using
some tricks described in my FCS paper of about
25 years ago.  I didn't find it necessary to ovenize
the output section.

By contrast, the 5061 had numerous narrow band filters
that were problematical.

Rick N6RK