[time-nuts] Spice simulation of PSRR and phase noise

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 24 23:27:37 UTC 2017

On 10/24/17 11:54 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> If you have the money, almost anything can be (and has been) done. It’s rare to find a
> real world application where this kind of thing is considered cost effective. Fancy
> radar systems are about the only thing that comes to mind.  Radar of
> this sort is always high cost / low volume.

Deep Space Network stations or other applications (VLBI) where the
measurement uncertainty is like ADEV = 1E-12 in 1000 seconds. There's a
whole analysis of the temperature effects on the fiber optic
distribution components, for instance - and they're buried 2 meters down.

At "billions of dollars in 1960/1970" I think DSN fits in Bob's high
cost/low volume bucket.