[time-nuts] My Casio G-Shock watch and other fun stuff

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Jun 21 01:07:23 EDT 2007

Hi Jim:

I'd bet a dollar to a donut that watch is using the C-Max time code receiver.

The best 32768 Hz non oven oscillator I've seen is the Maxium (was Dallas Semi)
DS3231.  The old DS32KHZ was/is a very good TCXO, but the DS3231 improves on it
in many ways, one of which is a digital frequency tweak to 0.1 ppm.

Time signal fixes would give you a history that could be used not only to bring
the frequency back on, but also to look at aging and temperature corrections.
So a really smart timepiece after running with a time signal for some time
would then be customized to continue running without the time signal and keep
very good time.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com