[time-nuts] Sources for Mission Time Clock

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.aero
Wed Jan 14 11:23:21 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Wayne Holder <wayne.holder at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But, 7 segment just doesn't quite capture that retro feel, IMO.

I know precisely what you are saying and I get the feel. Nixie clocks seem
so much cooler than seven-segment LED clocks. (And vacuum fluorescent just
seems cheesy. Go figure.) So early '60s is retro but late '60s is not. From
my view 50 years down the road that seems just ... humorous.

Seems like a BBB driving a good-sized 1080P display (both are cheap) would
be a good platform to do something like this. You can make it count or
display anything you want. Since the linux distro in the BBB has NTP
installed already, it should be able to keep reasonably accurate time from
a human PoV.

Hmm, I am going to want a display like that for my video wall.

--

Brian Lloyd
706 Flightline Drive
brian at lloyd.aero