Lee - N2LEE lee at n2lee.com
Sun Jul 30 12:16:16 EDT 2017

Chris, I have one NTP GPS based server running locally but I wanted to also setup the
Mac with the Thunderbolt as a second NTP server. This way instead of using an external NTP
server as a backup I would have a second local server.

The Mac is Unix based and has a built in NTP server but it is normally disabled.
If I enable the server isn’t it going to pull its time from the system clock ?
This is the only reason I care about the system clock.

Maybe I am approaching this incorrectly. Maybe the question should be how to get a local
NTP server to use LH/Thunderbolt ?