[time-nuts] Trimble L1/L2 GPS Antenna PN: 27947-00

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jun 16 11:13:06 UTC 2015

Hi

I’ve played with one of those ...

Ok, that’s the antenna that turned into the “micro centered” version. The antenna came
out in the same era as the 4000 series survey GPS units. With the ground plane it’s quite
large. It does pretty well with the ground plane, but good luck finding a place to mount it.

Like many of the Trimble survey antennas, that one has about a 50 db amplifier in it. That
amp will overdrive most GPSDO’s. It also needs a supply up around +12 rather than the more
normal (on timing gear) +5V.

Bob